Contractors, engineers, and architects face the same problem that most homeowners have, and it’s simply what will the end project or the actual Construction Design look like?
Most construction companies are not able to hire a full-time 3D Modeler or 3D Designer; however, the need is evidently there. Let’s take a look at what homeowners expect from Construction Designs as a new standard in the construction process.
Written by Meg
July 16, 2020
90% of Construction proposals given to homeowners that include digital Construction Designs will win the job!
Digital Construction Design Proposals Should Achieve These Things:
- Homeowners need to visualize construction plans and cannot achieve this from hand-drawn sketches.
- Contractor Hint: Hand-drawn construction sketches are an old-school and outdated method so stop doing the hand-drawn sketches!
- Homeowners seek digital samples of what their renovation project will look like with certain materials and layouts.
- Contractor Hint: Show different options to either help them decide on materials or use this as an opportunity to upsell more work or higher-end materials.
- Scale and size matters when it comes to understanding what your home renovation will look like when the project is completed.
- Increase the long-term community trust and reputation when contractors provide design proposals to customers and then they actually achieve their design plan.
- Contractor Hint: Show before pics of the property, provide quality renovation design plans, and then show the after pics of how you achieved your digital plans.
- These Digital Construction Plans should guide the operations team to eliminate less communication problems making Construction Project Manager’s workload easier.
- Less change orders in operations as the communication is clearer to the homeowner.
Here’s a sample of a before and after of a bathroom remodel design:
Need a 3D Design for an upcoming Construction Project?
How Landscape Designers use 3D Tools Model Shop to help with valuable and time-saving model resources?
3D Landscape Models A HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER SOURCE FOR LANDSCAPE DESIGNERSWith more people wanting to see designs before they approve projects, the landscape and construction industries are forever changed. These requests mean, 3D modelers are seeking online resources...
How to upload or import an OBJ file to Sketchup can be a little bit hectic for some people. But, with new extensions on the rise, this process has been made easier. A good example of an extension that helps you upload an OBJ file into Sketchup is Transmutr. Here is...
Why Homeowners should request 3D Designs services of renovation projects before starting a construction job?
Are you about to start a construction project and want assurance that the contractor will actually achieve what your vision is? If so, you are not alone.In fact, most construction projects require a design to get client approvals, permitting, HOA approvals, and team...